Melissa McLay -- March 11, 1984 to September 22, 2002
In Collective Remembrance

« little black dress | Main | Login Problems? »

August 10 | She loves her dog's
I remember when Kiana and I were both working on the slope, how excited Melissa would get when it was time for us to go back to work. Not that she wanted us to leave, but that meant that she got to watch are dog Bossco and the lizard wile we were gone. I think she loved Bossco just as much as we do and that’s a lot! When we were in town she would come by and ask if she could take him to the beach or sometimes just for a ride in her truck around town, Bossco was always ready to go. One day her and I drove all over town taking pictures of her in all different places so she would have a bunch to chose from for her senior picture. I just remember how she wanted Bossco in all of them. I wish I would have spent more time with her and had been closer to her. That goes for all of my brothers and my sister. I never thought that I wouldn’t have the chance to tell her how important she is to me or that I loved her. At least I still have the chance with the rest of them. I miss her very much! I know we all do, even Bossco.
Remembered by Marty | 4:13am

......
please note: the dates for all comments posted before january 8, 2004 are incorrect.
Comments

Melissa complained that when Bossco stayed with you, she couldn't sleep because her waterbed was filled with only enough water for her and him, and was too uncomfortable when he wasn't in it. He was her baby much more than her own dogs were.

Posted by Valette
August 10, 2004 | 10:52 AM

haha I never knew about the water level in her bed. That's pretty funny. But so is the thought of her waking up with pushki burns from sleeping with the dogs every morning and not giving a hoot about it.

Now that Boss is getting older and starting to have seizures I worry a lot about him, but one thing I don't worry about is when he's gone. I know with every fiber of my being his second mom will be just waiting up there for him. It's one of the only things that gives me comfort when I see his age coming out. I bet she's already really busy with all of the family's animals and has a bed the size of a soccer field.

Posted by Kiana
August 10, 2004 | 5:06 PM

kiana, that just made me cry.

Posted by Valette
August 10, 2004 | 10:02 PM

Me too!

Posted by jeanette
August 12, 2004 | 9:27 AM

Marty, it's great to have you join the posting. I also feel sad that I didn't get to know Melissa more. All my early memories of her are jumbled into a memory of the "girls." I can't remember which was stuff with Valette and which was stuff with Melissa. That's been bugging me a lot since we started this site.

Posted by Damon